Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frankly Speaking

Happy 2013! We're back after almost 2 weeks off while we celebrated the holidays with family and friends. While we typically only have our famous "Frankly Speaking" column post on Tuesdays, Frank wanted to take the opportunity to share some New Years resolution with everyone today.  Here's Frank,..

OK, everyone welcome to 2013!  First of all I'd just like to to say that I'm thankful that the Mayan Apocalypse was a joke because otherwise this column would just be me talking to myself (well Bean's would listen because we are roommates).

Back to the New Years Resolution -  I plan to use my extreme intellect for good not evil in 2013.

In 2012 my effort to help out a friend (good) unleashed millions of people who thought they could dance (evil).  Let me explain

The typing classes I took paid off in a big way as I gained access to my moms iPAD while she was at work.  I spent alot of time online - especially watching YouTube videos.

I thought I would help out my K-Pop friend, PSY, from across the pond so I created a software program that would 'automatically' watch his music video "Gangnam Style" indefinately (maybe you've heard of it?).  As videos on YouTube gain more views it tends to get more attention (sometimes even go 'viril') so I hoped my efforts would help him gain some fans in the USA.  See below for video.



To my shock the program worked so well his video is now the most watched video ever and crested the 1,000,000,000 mark over the holidays.  As of my writing this there were 1,106,940,421 views!  I'm not trying to take credit for the video's success since he has some pretty slick dance moves but let's just say that kid wouldn't be a household name without FRANK!  PSY is bigger than Bieber and Star Wars!

Given the success of PSY's Gangnam Style you can imagine the entertaining consequence with many folks (including Ben) who tried their hand at the now famous dance.  Here are some of the best!


I love to hear from you on your thoughts for the next video I should make go viral in 2013!  Send me an email and let me know! Email Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment