Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frankly Speaking

Hello fans, and yes I say fans because it must have fans because I finally got a question from one of you today!!

Dear Frank,

My girlfriend and I have a new labrador retriever puppy.  He is overall very well behaved but seems to have developed quite a taste for shoes. It doesn't matter much what kind of shoe, as he is not picky.  My question to you is, do shoes taste like dog food?  Could this be what is confusing our puppy?  How can we get our puppy to stop chewing shoes?

Regards,

Barefoot in Westwood



Hi Barefoot in Westwood - you do have an interesting problem on your hands!  We dogs like shoes because they smell yummy - my yummy isn't the same as your yummy.  Yummy to you is a cheeseburger and a Hudy 14k.  Yummy to me is a roll in what the neighborhood deer left behind and some stale crunchy food marketed as "Chicken and Rice".

Like me, your puppy is looking for strong funky smells - don't want to judge the person wearing the shoes but sounds like they have feet only a Dachshund or Labrador could love - just kidding!  

Anyways, all you need to do is make your shoes smell pleasant - like my owner Allyson's shoes.  Somehow they always smell of roses - no dog wants to be anywhere near that smell!! YUCK!.  I recommend potpourri in the shoes when you aren't wearing them - or only wear your socks once like Damon Dash (co-founder of Roc-a-Fella Records).  

Damon Dash
Good luck with your problem-pup and keep the questions comin!

No comments:

Post a Comment