Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Frankly Speaking



I was very surprised this weekend when I checked my email and found a question written in from one of our fans!  Since my audience is still growing I don't get email that often (send more!).  Anyway, turns out that I have fans in high places!  Who you ask?,.....Pope Francis (newly appointed)!

The Popeness writes:  "Dear Frank, I wanted you to know I really enjoy your blog and all of your whimsical commentary!  You may have heard I'm a simple, down to earth, thrifty guy.  I've got some parties to host now that I'm in charge so I need to know where I can find a big coat to I can use when I make an entrance and not break the bank.  Can you help?"

Dear Franco - Can I call you that?  Our names are eerily similar!  I digress - I'm glad you asked.  I always tell Beans how important first impressions are.  Take for example when our parents have a party.  I always throw on my bow tie and cufflinks - that gets everyone's attention!  Check out this dapper Doxie (me):


A friend of mine recently hit it big with a song where he rocks a really COOL big giant coat he got from a Thrift Shop (which is also the name of the song).  Keep in mind the song has a few swear words in it so don't crank it too loud at work!  Here you go!  As the song goes "I wear your granddad's clothes, I look incredible, I'm in this big a*s coat, From that thrift shop down the road."  




Now to illustrate how cool you would look in a coat like the one from the video - Bean's used his mad Photoshop skills to show you how a coat like that could turn an ordinary person (or dachshund) into the coolest kid in school.  Recall the opening scene from the video,.....


So in summary - take $20 down to the local thrift shop and find yourself a big giant coat!  While I do encourage animal print I would prefer if it wasn't the real thing :) - my zebra friends will thank you!

Put in a good word for me with the big guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment